Ops I did it again.

More than a year ago I locked myself out of my apartment... given the title of this post you can guess what happened few days ago ;)

Here's how it happened. In the evening I was coming back from the gym, deep in thoughts. Walking to the car I did the following sequence of moves:

  • opened car's trunk with the remote,
  • dropped car keys to my gym bag,
  • dropped the gym bag in the trunk,
  • closed the trunk,
  • @#$@#$%

Yes, as soon as I heard the sound of the trunk closing I knew I was in trouble. To my credit my reaction was just laughing out loud. What else was there to do?

I took stock of the situation. I was sweaty (I was to take a shower back at home), in my shorts and t-shirt and all I had with me was a towel and my badge.

I came back to the office, talked with security who told me they cannot help and suggested to call the insurance. I was about to do just that when I talked with my friend who suggested I must have a second car key somewhere. Which made me realize that indeed I do (I guess I wasn't thinking very clearly at that point). With the spare key in the apartment and the apartment key locked with the car key in the trunk, that wasn't improving things a lot... except that I had the option of staying in the office overnight and in the morning asking in my apartment complex to be let in into my apartment.

But then I realized how long time ago I thought that keeping spare keys both to the car and to the apartment at home isn't too smart. I started recalling my plans of putting both keys in the office and a quick search revealed that indeed I had done so. So this time saved by sheer dumb luck :).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budapest, marathon

My goals for... the lifetime.

Marathon, Paris, 2012