Week 34, 2012

Slowly getting there.

Yet again a not quite satisfactory week. I started on Monday with a 15K run that would normally be a recovery run, but since I didn't do anything on the weekend I decided to turn up the pace a bit and ended up with 4:55 min/km. My Five Fingers were burning the tarmac ;).

On Tuesday, intervals. I could only go late, but that was kinda fortunate as it was super hot during the day and not so anymore at 22:30 when I started. I went to the AV'23 track and did 5 intervals of 1200m with 3' breaks. I did exactly the same training 4 months ago; then at 4:01 min/km, now at 3:57 min/km and also with a lower heart rate: 166 in place of 171, though I suspect that this was the result of a more complete recovery between intervals. Anyway, I was very happy that I managed to push myself that hard on my own; running in a group provides a huge mental boost with this type of training. Finishing at midnight felt great. I was totally knackered but the sense of accomplishment made it totally worth it.

Wednesday and Thursday off (though Thursday out of necessity rather than choice) and then on Friday I wanted to do a steady run, partly at a target marathon pace. This proved a bit tricky as my Polar is not calibrated and hence I didn't really know at what pace I was going. I ended up with 8km at an average of 4:37min/km; close enough.

Unfortunately I missed Saturday training, but then on Sunday, despite heavy rain, I went for a long run. I did what was probably my wettest 25km ever ;). But thanks to that at least I brought the weekly total to 4 trainings and almost 70km. Far from perfect but slightly better than last week.

The following week no guests, no obligations and my better half away; that means no excuses whatsoever and I'm really hoping for a 100K+ week and with some non-running activities on top of that :). I'm also looking for some half-marathon to run as part of my Berlin preparations; suggestions very welcome.

P.S. I updated the interface, also enabling different ways of navigating through the posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budapest, marathon

My goals for... the lifetime.

Marathon, Paris, 2012